Saturday, December 27, 2008

Where are we? Texas or something?!

One of the things that I love about this time of year is the bitterly cold weather. I'm a strange one that enjoys having to put on double-layers of clothes, gloves, hats and scarves just to go outside for five minutes. It is also something that Matt likes since he is used to spending Christmas in Illinois, where it is almost always snowing and atleast in single digits.

We kept watching the forecast all week. The meteorologists were expecting unusually high temperatures for this time of year, but I kept blowing it off, saying that you can never really trust a weather forecast, especially in Kansas where the weather changes every 10 minutes.

Well... this time, they got it right.

It was literally NOT COLD out Christmas day and ridiculously warm the day after Christmas. We all received an e-mail on Christmas day from my uncle Steve, who lives in Houston, who said that it felt like the tropics down there so my aunt Sherron was going to turn the air conditioning to 68 to make it feel a little more Christmasy! I only mention this because it felt like the tropics here as well! It was 71 out last night!!

Ofcourse, today the weather has done its normal switcharoo -- it's cold out. Not as cold as I like, but it's in the 30's... and there is an ice/snow storm making its way towards Wichita as I type.

So... another year passes and my hopes of a white Christmas have failed. Apparently Mother Nature and Old Man Winter decided to really screw with our minds this year!

Welcome to Kansas -- Land of Dorothy, Toto and really f'd up weather!

No comments: