Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas time is here...

Today is my last day of work since I'm taking tomorrow off... and I am so happy! I've decided I'm fine with coming to work on a Monday as long as it means I don't have to come back the next day! :)

Matt and I leave for Sedan tomorrow afternoon. Luckily, I was in Sedan this weekend so I was able to take almost all of of our gifts home. If I hadn't made the trip, it would be a tight squeeze trying to get everything in the car to go home, including our dog and his kennel!

Why was I home this weekend when I was only a few days away from being there for longer than 24 hours? Well, I made the 1.75 hour drive home to a) get my hair highlighted and trimmed - which hadn't been done in months - and b) to go to the Nutcracker ballet on Sunday.

The Nutcracker used to be an annual trip for my mom and I. In fact, because of The Nutcracker and Ms. Shoup (a former teacher at Sedan), I met Natalie Shoup, who had come to down to visit her sister for the weekend. Natalie went with us to the ballet and then about 10 years later, she became a Kappa! Fun (and true) story!

I hadn't been to the ballet since I was in 4th or 5th grade... but I'm not sure why I stayed away for so long. I LOVE the ballet! I think its because I really just want to be as poised and graceful as the ballerinas are rather than a very loud cheerleader (though my personality was not meant for the ballerina world!). I find myself mesmerized by the dancing though and am determined to have one of my children be a dancer... and have her teach me everything so we can dance together. Can't you picture that? My poor children are going to be embarassed their entire lives by their parents.

Anywho, the ballet was a good time. And any time spent with both my mom and sister is always an entertaining time so I'm glad I made the 1.75 hour drive... even though I'm doing it again in 24 hours. :)

If I don't see or talk to any of you before then, have a very Merry Christmas and a happy, happy New Year!!!

No comments: