Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I absolutely love to do it! I could care less if I get any gifts in return, but I LOVE shopping for other people! Matt and I found a few things last weekend when we were in Tulsa, but I ventured out by myself this weekend (no offense, but alot more can be accomplished when you don't have a guy on your tail all day long).

Last year, I found myself doing alot of online shopping because 1) Tulsa at Christmas time is hell (not right, I know, but true) 2) there are great deals to be found on the Web and 3) Tulsa at Christmas time is hell! I recall sitting in traffic for nearly 30 minutes one night just trying to get from one city block to the next. That is not my definition of fun Christmas shopping!

In Wichita, you don't really have to deal with traffic on the roads as much as you do the traffic in the stores - it's like someone posted a sign that said 'EVERYONE GO TO THIS STORE TODAY!!!!!". Holy cow -- walked into Gordman's and turned right back around to go to my car! The lines were ridiculous!

I did find some good stuff though... I have knocked out a few people on the list. Next weekend, I will tackle even more. I did do some more online shopping for things for Matt, but other than that... I've stuck to the stores this year. Only because it's possible to accomplish things in Wichita.... and Tulsa was hell (did I mention that yet?!).

Happy Shopping everyone!

PS. Matt and I got our tree up on Thursday, somehow ended up in a fight over something and didn't get to decorate until Saturday afternoon -- but we are very pleased with it! We also got our first stockings... I love Pottery Barn! :) Pictures will follow when I get my camera back from the antique store -- accidentally took it out to take pictures of a cool cabinet and then went off and left it! Oops! Thank goodness the lady knows me and my mom really well (we frequent her store!).

5 comments:

Ash said...

Yes shopping in Tulsa sucks. I'm so glad to have finished early and I bought most of it online. I bought some stuff at the b-ball auction earlier this year too.

So yep, the Dakotas suck and Fargo is freezing! I'm so looking forward to the warmth in Mexico!

Ash said...

Oooh that's such a sad story! I haven't left the hotel today! Haxton and I ordered Chinese food for lunch.

Jenna said...

Mom & I shopped all day Saturday and it was fabulous! Of course, there were a few "Merry Christmas to Jenna, from Jenna's" thrown in too, which helped :)

We are going to try and hit Circa on the way to Wichita this Saturday if you still need your camera picked up then?

Lilli O said...

i completely understand the Tulsa craziness..usually even if its not christmas. 71st street is mad chaos!

Ash said...

I hate 71st street between 5 and 6 p.m. I'm trying to figure out if 91st is still the best way to get home after work. It took me 20 minutes one day last week to get from Memorial to Mingo. No joke, not cool!