Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WTF

I give up.

I really do.

I devote hours (three just last night) to this show and it basically sucker punches me every season.

Last night on the finale of The Bachelorette, the entire show, everyone gushed over Jason and how he was the one that Deanna should choose. He is more her type. He is already a great father. He made her feel safe. She took him to swim with SHARKS for goodness sakes (that should have been my tipping off point!).

But no.. in the end, she picks the 'other guy'. Don't get me wrong, the 'other guy' is a great guy, but NOT the one I tuned in every week to watch. And most of the time, not the one that DeAnna was exclaiming about.

They always throw a curve ball at you in the end. Always. Every season. I basically knew that because they were talking such great thing about Jason that he wasn't going to get picked because that's what they do -- they think they are throwing us off by doing that.

NEWSFLASH ABC: You aren't! We get it! We get that you like the element of surprise, but I'm thinking your element of surprise is now bullshit.

So... though I'm not sure I can handle it, I am wanting to boycott the next edition of this show that I have not NOT watched since Trista and Ryan. I understand that my one boycott will not do anything, but maybe it will give me time to cool my jets! :)

PS. Getting married in 38 days. Woah.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it would take you inform us of how you felt after watching last night. aunt lori

Erin said...

38 days is so not very many.

Awin said...

Reality shows are pretty much the devil. Just think of all the hours you've spent watching them. You could have become fluent in another language or a chess master with all that time.

Tisk, tisk.

meg said...

i feel your pain! moment of silence, please. (pause, pause, pause) over it :)
don't give up on next season, though...jason could be the bachelor!!!

Paige said...

I watched the finale and thought Jason was the guy for sure.

YEA for 38 days!

Anonymous said...

I boycotted THIS SEASON because I couldn't stand Deanna on The Bachelor and how she flutters her eyelids a million times per minute! Good luck with your boycotting. Unfortunately, ABC is determined to "surprise" us every season...