Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What to do...

I am asked quite frequently where Matt and I will be going for our honeymoon. Upon my response (of London), the next question that follows is "what do you have planned when you are there?". I wish that I had all of the correct answers for this question, but usually my response is, "Well, I'm not quite sure."

Though it's not completely true, I am still a bit unsure of what we will be doing, which I am OK with. I know that our first order of business will be to hop on a double-decker tour bus to kind of figure out our surroundings! We will for sure take in a show and we will be making a train trip to Paris for a day-trip.

Other than that, we are up in the air! So, if you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

On another note, I think I'm in a rut. When I moved to Wichita almost a month ago, I was very gung-ho about getting things done. A month later, I've gotten alot done, but don't have alot of motivation to do anything else. I stare at my wedding programs every day, knowing that I need to work on them, but that's about as far as I get -- other than thinking to myself, "I'll work on those tomorrow."

I'm hoping that this rut ends soon... I mean, I realize I have a wedding coming up soon (can I just say that I wish the day was here already!) but I have a very small list of things to get done... which includes finishing the programs!

Anywho, I'm off to Austin this weekend with my mom, sister and dad (Jord will be in Vegas celebrating Matt's bachelorness!) to visit my family and beautiful baby cousins! I can't wait!

Maybe when I get back next Tuesday, the rut will be over...

One can only hope!

2 comments:

Erin said...

London Things to Do:

1. So touristy, but watch the full-on changing of the gaurd...SO COOL. Its like a parade and you have to get there early to see it all.

2. Piccadilly Square has some funky cool stuff.

3. The Globe (Shakespeare'e theatre recreated) is pretty cool just for the sheer history and fun of it... http://www.shakespeares-globe.org/

4. Tea at the Plaza. Got to be done.

5. The train to Paris scared the bejeezus out of me but it was pretty worth it.

Hope that helps!

Lilli O said...

Go to Buckingham Palace and watch the changing of the guards. It's kinda cool and you might get a glimpse of the queen, like I did! It gets really packed, so go early.

And go to any "bath" houses. There are tons of them around. It really is just a big building with a pool like middle. But theres something historic and neat about it.

Do high tea somewhere at least once!

I went quite a few years ago, so I dont remember that much, but those were the main things.

Have fun! Its almost here!