Thursday, May 15, 2008

One down, one to go





At 7:48 a.m., Mr. Luke Vincent Barnes was welcomed into the world! I sent Meg a text message before I got to work asking he was here yet and she sent one back saying no, but that she'd keep me posted. Two seconds later, I got a phone call from her saying he was here! :) Apparently, aunt Sherron and uncle Steve had gotten lost in the hospital, but were looking at him through the window!

He is 6 pounds, 9 ounces and 19 inches long -- SMALLER than Annie was when she was born. And she was super small because she arrived so early! But Seth called and said he has the Barnes body -- long torso, short legs. According to the grandparents, he has strawberry blonde hair - he is definitely a Barnes!

So happy he is here... what a great way to bring in the summer! Little Stella will be here so soon as well ... my mom said we will not be waiting until August to see these babies so...

ROAD TRIP!

PS. Meg, my dad said that boat rides are what always got my mom's labor rolling, so if you want the little one to be here sooner, I'd head out to the lake house and hop in the boat!

Picture 1: Baby Luke!
Picture 2: Confused sister ... Seth said they were going to tell Annie that Luke was a cat. This look confirms that she is wondering why Luke is not an actual kitten!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Babies rock.

Jenna said...

Yay for the (growing) Barnes clan! Can't wait to hear the news on the next one!