Monday, March 24, 2008

Day Three: Interesting Night...




I'm just now finishing up my work and it's 1:15 am (EST). Our game didn't even get over with until 11:30!

Unfortunately, we lost. FInal score: 94-55. Can I just say that I blame the entire loss on the STUPID Tennessee cheerleading squad!! The idiots left their cheer signs out and our leading scorer slipped on one less than five seconds into the game and possibly tore her ACL and was done. R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S. I was absolutely furious... and a bit in disbelief. Go figure that would happen when we're playing only the best team in the country!

We were down by only 12 going in to the second half, which I personally think is a victory in itself. But the girls got very tired down the stretch, which seemed to be when Tennessee found its second wind. BUT... we did sit Candace Parker down with four fouls early in the second half -- she played a total of 18 minutes.

Great ending was when the entire UT coaching staff and a player came over to our injured girl to check on her. Coach Summitt gave her a hug and said something to her that brought her to tears. Which made me had to walk away so I wouldn't start busting out the tears!

So, my tournament experience is over with. I have to say this is one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of. Yes, I am tired of basketball and yes, I'm glad I'm getting a break! But I must admit, I realized why my job is so cool after tonight. Not many people can say that they got to sit on press row at an NCAA Tournament.

We leave via chartered flight tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. and will get back to Tulsa by 10:45... so happy! I'm taking the day off and traveling to Wichita (I can't avoid travel, apparently!) to do some wedding stuff, then its back to the grindstone on Tuesday.

Hope you've enjoyed my updates. I can't believe I have blogged for three-days straight!

Picture A: Here we go....
Picture B: That figure way over yonder... that's me!
Picture C: Game time!

1 comment:

Awin said...

It was all a good read. Interesting perspective of the whole situation

Nice to hear that Pat Summit seems like a decent human being. Not that I've lost sleep over if she is or not...