Tuesday, July 3, 2007

No More Rain/Week-o-Fun



Many know that I am not a fan of Coffeyville, Kansas...and then when you add in Neodesha, Cherryvale, Yates Center...I don't like those towns either because Sedan usually plays them in sports. I know...it's very 15-years-old of me to think that way, but that's how I am! I will also forever and ever hate Caney, but that's besides the point. My heart has hurt this week for those towns (except Caney) that had homes and businesses destroyed due to the intense flooding. These places, and many others, will have to tear down and rebuild. It's amazing how a week ago, we were just tired of the rain and now, we literally cannot have any more rain or these towns will be gone. Keep all of the people in southeast Kansas in your prayers...they will need lots of them!

And now after that sadness, comes the great joy that comes in the next few days. Jenna Marie Doty will no longer be a Doty (well, atleast not as her last name) after Saturday. Her wedding is finally here and I think that she is ready! We spent seven hours of our lives putting together programs on Saturday...all with love! :) I will be making my way to Wichita tomorrow to be her sidekick and help out with whatever needs to be done. The rest of the bridesmaids and our good friends will start to roll into town on Friday. It's going to be a great wedding and I will be sure to get some pictures up next week of the bride...can't believe that this day is finally here!

Happy Fourth of July...enjoy the fireworks and remember the true reason we are celebrating!

1 comment:

TransplantedOkie said...

Pretty scary stuff going on in Southeastern Kansas!

Hoe you have a fun and safe Indpendence Day!