Friday, July 13, 2007

Back to Reality...



The wedding and festivities leading up to the wedding are over. I would say it was a complete success! Everything seemed to run smoothly (except the incident with the DJ, but that was fixed!), Jenna was a beautiful bride, and Josh made it through the ceremony without even one yawn! They are now on their honeymoon, which Jenna forgot to book me a ticket to go along with them!

She is officially a married woman now...Jenna Stacey. I only had about two-three major emotional breakdowns over the weekend: first one was when she put her veil on, second came JUST before I was to walk down the aisle (thanks to Jordan Hills for calming me down!) and the third came while I was trying to give my maid of honor toast. It turned out brutal -- or not how I wanted it to! I kept messing up and couldn't stop crying that it just turned out badly! Oh well... it was all with love! :)

I tend to have moments in my life when I go back 10 years and think about what my life was like, what I was doing, yadiyadiyada. Ten years ago, marriage seemed SO far away. Life seemed so hard back then, when really, it couldn't have been easier! Ofcourse there was the drama that came with life when you are 14 years old and I guess now at 24, there is still drama - just a different kind!

I guess you never stop growing up, no matter how old you are... life is constantly changing. As Matthew told me, "true friendship that covers many life changes is rare and Jenna and I have never missed a beat", so I'm glad that I was apart of her big day... it was quite an experience!

Here's to my best friend and her husband... and to their many life-changing moments!

3 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

You both look absolutely beautiful! You and Jenna are lucky to have each other.

Erin said...

I cried in the balcony. Especially during the slideshow. Especially when I realized that Jenna and I had the same wardrobe for a long time...

Jenna said...

This is why I should not read this blog at work, because it tends to make me cry! (Erin, my wardrobe of past years does the same thing, but for different reasons...)

For those of you who weren't there, Allyson's toast was amazing! She did a fabulous job and it was better than I could have ever imagined. If you were there, you know it's true!