Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sending Her Out in Style...


Got back Sunday evening from a weekend in Chicago. Six friends (plus me) took my best friend Jenna to The Windy City to celebrate her soon-to-be marriage to Mr. Joshua Stacey -- and to let her have one more weekend of debauchery with her pals... not to say that she won't continue her debauchery AFTER marriage, but...you know what I mean!

I think it is safe to say that Jenna had a great time! Heck, how can you not have a good time when the weekend is all about you, right?! We took her to a piano bar...drank alot...took her to her favorite pizza place in Chicago, went to one of her favorite spots in Chicago, Second City, and then out for a night on the town.

Now, usually, Jenna and I are pretty similar in that we are good to go, but when we're done, we're done. Well...this weekend, I was WAY more done that Jenna! The girl was a party animal and a dancing fool, might I add! I sent her a text at one point in the night to tell her we had found a table by the doors at the bar we were at. Later, when I went to close out my tab, I went to see her and she was STILL dancing! I asked her if she had got my message and she said she had, but she was having too much fun! Hysterical!

It is such a crazy thought to me of why we were even in Chicago -- Jenna is getting married. I know that this has been a well-known fact for more than a year now, but it keeps getting closer and closer and I still don't think that it has completely hit me. I know we all have to grow up someday, but I think that getting married is when you officially cross the line from a fake grown up (that's definitely what I am right now!) to a real one.

I am so lucky to have her by my side always and I am so lucky to be able to by her side on her special day...I probably still won't believe it, even when I am standing right next to her as she says "I do!".

Holy cow....what am I going to do when she has kids?!!! AHHHH!!!!

4 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

Wow! That picture made me feel REALLY old! I think that you, Jenna, and Erin should be in the back of my car on the way to Caney for pizza or something. Definately not getting married etc.

Glad you had fun in Chicago and are home safe and sound.

Lord, that sounded motherly didn't it?!

Jenna said...

Oh goodness... I went from laughter to almost-tears in about three seconds there! A few things:
1. LOVED the usage of "debauchery!"
2. I'm still pretty sure I will never become a real grown-up.
3. You will be by my side whenever the aforementioned kids get here too (in many years from now), calming me down as always :) YIKES!!!
4. I love you!

Erin said...

Kids. Little Jennas. Remember the purple plastic glasses? Or were mine purple? One of us had purple and one had pink I think...

TransplantedOkie said...

I think Jenna's were purple and yours were pink.