Monday, June 11, 2007

The First Day at the New Job

Day one is complete...and I am soooo tired! Not because it was a long day on the job, but because I got about two full hours of sleep last night. I could not fall asleep to save my life last night...I blame it on the "new-ness" of the apartment because it wasn't nerves. I was truly not nervous about the first day of the rest of my life...dramatic, huh?!

Got up at 7:30, left the apartment at 8:30 and was at work before 9. The first thing I saw was my very own nameplate on the door of my very own office...this makes it not surprising that it read " Allyson Hills - Assisistant Director/Media Relations." Amazing how you can get my name right, which many can't, and spell assistant wrong! Oh well -- I told Cliff and Cris, my new coworkers and they both got a good laugh out of it, as did I! How could that NOT happen to me on my first day at the new job?!

Was taken out to lunch -- italian, very nice -- and then it was back to the office. I found out earlier this morning that I will be working with volleyball rather than soccer...this is great since I have never watched a soccer game in my life! Volleyball makes life a little more crazy, but I atleast know the game and enjoy watching it, which helps when it comes to the amount of hours I'll put in working on it!

It will take a little bit of time for me to figure out the "ORU Way" -- WSU had their own way of doing things and I grew accustomed to it quickly. Now I must readjust and figure out where things are, who is who, what to and not to do...you know, the fun things that come along with the new job.

All in all, I give the first day a B+....I don't have much to compare it to, so I feel a B is a fair letter grade!

Tomorrow, I learn about benefits and decide what I need to do in that department...I know NOTHING when it comes to this kind of stuff and feel that instead of three math classes that must be taken before you graduate college, you should have to take three classes on "Growing Up: The Things you Need to Know to Live in the Real World" because I am clueless!!!

Happy Monday to all from the Land of Bad Roads and Macaroni Grill! :)

3 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

Oklahoma roads do indeed suck. And it is a little known state law that I-35 be in a constant state of "under construction."

Erin said...

Since I was 1o it's been under construction.

So I think I'll be in Tulsa at least ONCE this summer, I'll keep you updated!

TransplantedOkie said...

It's been under construction since I was 10...and that was a long long time ago!