Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Update

Update 1: I have a job! :) I accepted the communications manager position with Wichita Festivals and start on Monday. I'm really excited to a) have a job b) return to the working world c) still only have to be at work by 9! d) be working towards a project I actually care about! I think it will be a great place to be!

Update 2: I successfully helped out with the Clark family cattle sale! I can honestly tell you I had no idea what was going on, but was proud to be apart of it. Though I'm not sure if I was cut out to be a farmer's wife, I do know that Matt and I were ready to go back to the farm once we got back home. Life is not fast-paced there. It's a nice break from the real world!

Update 3: Apparently as of 45 minutes ago, K-State's head football coach announced that he is resigning from his position. I'm not quite sure my thoughts on this. On one hand, he has been here for only three years and is losing only three seniors from this year's team so next year could be a breakout season. On the other hand, I have not seen anything that shows improvement week to week. I'm not a big fan of change, but I am atleast big enough to say when something isn't working and try to improve, switch up or adjust to become better. I haven't felt that coach Prince has really done that ... he just says, "We played badly and it's my fault." It will be hard to find anyone to replace Bill Snyder and I feel badly that Prince had to be the man to try and follow in his footsteps. Hopefully, we can finish the season on a high note for his sake and look to the future to find the best fit to bring K-State football back!

Update 4: I did cast my ballot for the second time in my life yesterday afternoon. Luckily, I went after the lunch crowd and did not wait in line. I had sent in for an advance voting ballot and it arrived in my mail yesterday, which was not helpful! So, I voted ... and though the election of the president did not go as I had hoped, listening to Obama's speech last night gave me hope. It also just reminded me of what an amazing speech writer he must have --- that was me being a pessimist I suppose, but anyone can talk the talk (especially him since he is such a wonderful speaker). I just hope he can walk the walk! I will say this though ... I do believe in the power of the vote. I don't think I would have said it ever before, but I get it now. It was very cool to be apart of that election yesterday!

That is all for now! Everyone enjoy the rest of their week!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

What a crazy week so far! Enjoy these last couple of days NOT in the working world ... :)

Steph said...

I'm so excited for you and your new job! We'll have to come to some festivals in Wichita this year! :)