Monday, June 16, 2008

Recap of Wedding No. 1





The weekend began early for Matt and I as we drove up to KC Friday afternoon for Brett and Emily's wedding weekend. I was reading in the wedding so I met up with all of the girls at the church. First off, I must say how much I miss my friends! Though I always feel a bit guilty, I usually drop Matt the second I see them and could sit around and talk to them for hours since it is rare for me to see them!

Luckily, everyone and their dog is getting married this summer so NOT seeing them will not be an issue for the next few months!

After the rehearsal, it was off to the dinner and the 'After Party' as I now call it at Harpo's where we met up with Abby and Gabe. Again I say, it can never be bad night when you're hanging with Abs! She was at the top of her game that night (she really seems to enjoy herself pre-wedding day!) and I enjoyed her mini waves, her talks about her dog, and sitting on Captain Morgan's lap.

As usual, I had a track story to write... and I finally got to it at around 1 a.m. I had the pleasure of riding back to Steph and Aaron's with the groom-to-be, his brother, and Meg. Brett was good to go (and Matt repeatedly told me that Brett was his hero and if he could stay out that late on the eve of our wedding!), but Brett's brother, Jeff, was another story -- we were all packed in Steph's car so Jeff had to crawl into a bawl and sit in the WAY back -- though as you can tell from the picture, he did not mind! :)

Saturday morning came and I was off to the church by 1. I'm glad Abby and I showed up then because it was right before P started to get dressed. She looked absolutely stunning... it's amazing what picking the perfect wedding dress does to a person! She has the perfect little body (which makes me want to vomit) and this dress did nothing but show it off! She was so amazingly calm through the entire process -- I'm hoping that just a little bit of that rubbed off on me. I can only hope for a teeny, tiny bit of calm on our wedding day.

Brett & P decided to see each other before the wedding and get pictures out of the way. The wedding got started at 3, I somehow didn't have any Freudian slips during my readings, and 30 minutes later, we were out of there.

We had a bit of a break in between the wedding and reception, and again, as usual, I had a track story to write. So back to Steph's we went and back to the computer I went. We eventually made it to the reception, which was in a building in downtown KC. It was the perfect spot and was a great party! My friends never cease to 'Bring it' when it comes to wedding receptions -- I do love them for this! :)

I give myself a D- for my participation in the fun -- I promise to do better next wedding, which is 2 weeks away.

All in all, it was a great wedding weekend! It's times like these that I am reminded of the many reasons I am so lucky in life - I have wonderful friends, the bestest best friend in the world, a pretty good looking fiance who can't wait to get married (no lie, I heard it many times this weekend!) and a dog to come home to. Life is good! :)

In addition to the wedding extravaganza, we started cleaning and working on our house on Sunday. I'm officially done at ORU on June 27 and move that Sunday back to Wichita. To say that I'm excited is an understatement!

This week, two candidates are coming in for interviews to replace Cliffy and I ... crazy that it was just a year ago that I was in that position.

PS. I want to see the babies! Are they not the most adorable things you've ever seen?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love that you graded yourself, but I would still give you a solid A. However, you could be in the worst mood ever and I would still be grateful to hang out with you! Can't wait for the next one!

Side note: I also love that you can call it "our house" now.