Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Guess I'm Done...

It is Thursday, May 31 at 11:20 a.m., and I am sitting in the WSU Media Relations office...by myself. Everyone else is at Eck Stadium, preparing for baseball regionals that start tomorrow. I guess this is the sign that I really am done.

It's kind of hard to tear myself away from something that has been my life for the past two years. I even came in to the office yesterday, with the mindset that I had one thing I came to do. Instead, I stay until 1:30ish, helping them get the odds-and-ends things done for regionals. It's hard to let the feeling that they don't need me anymore sink in.

I guess this is the point where they become my friends, rather than my coworkers. Geez, you'd think that someone was dying by how I'm reacting to this! But I'm not big on change -- and basically the past month of my life has forced me to do just that.

I am excited for the next step in my life, I think I'm prepared for it. But then again, I keep coming in to the office when I'm done working here.

I'm bad at letting go.

1 comment:

TransplantedOkie said...

Oh sweetie, I would give you a big ol' hug if I could! It sucks to leave even if it's your decision.

I am predicting that you will have more than the legal limit of fun in Tulsa America. I am sure that Erin will introduce you to Lori (one of my favorites), and all her other buds and before you know it you will be right at home....and an OKIE!!!