Saturday, January 5, 2008

Long time, no talk...

My apologies for the lack of posting... Christmas was hectic and since then, I've been traveling with the women's basketball team so my blog has been put on the backburner for awhile.

As I type, I am sitting in a hotel room in Bossier City, Louisiana. We have a basketball game at 3 p.m. today in Shreveport at Centenary. I like to call this "The Beginning of the End", meaning that we start conference play today and cruise right on through until the beginning of March, wrap up the regular season with the conference tournament in Tulsa and if we win that sucker, we go to the NCAA Tournament. The month of January is going to be a bit insane with us being on the road three out of the four weeks, but in February we are home three out of the four, which I like. It's been pretty enjoyable so far -- I'm a fan of the three-day trips rather than the five. I don't enjoy the 'living out of a suitcase' that I've got going on, but again, that will come to an end in February. The girls are really fun to be around - I've got one Kansan to bond with (she actually played basketball with Jessen Tucker a few summers ago so we have that connection!)!

Wedding planning is going amazingly well... Matt and I just wish the day was here already! We're really enjoying it all though, he's been a huge help! We have alot done, now its really just buying the odds and ends that we need for the reception, meeting with the planner at the country club to decide on a menu, registering (fun!), and designing our wedding and groom's cake. That is the fun stuff! The stressful part is the other side to getting married - you know, the "life" part! We're trying to figure out where we want to be after we get married - Wichita, Tulsa or somewhere else? It's scary because alot of the pressure that comes with that decision is on my shoulders. Matt just keeps saying that it doesn't matter where we are, as long as we're together. I completely agree... but still stress about figuring it all out. I'm a planner. I want to know where we're going to be in seven months. Sue me.

Christmas was great. Matt spent his first Christmas with our family in Sedan -- he thoroughly enjoyed himself and now understand why I always go overboard when it comes to anything related with giving of gifts! My mom goes a bit nutso at Christmas time... but its always fun and we're all very appreciative. It would be different if we were brats about it! So next year means I might be in Illinois for Christmas -- such a scary and sad thought that I will stop talking about it!

My New Years was pretty brutal. I spent it in Edinburg, Texas aka Mexico with the basketball team. I talked to Matt on the phone until about 12:05 am when I told him Happy New Year and then went to bed. What a way to bring in 2008, huh?!

Other than that, I'm just.... working. Alot. Which is OK since I have nothing else to do in Tulsa. I'm excited for Jan. 19 because Matt will come visit for the first time in two months!

Anywho, hope everyone is well. And a late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

2008 is going to be a bog year for you! Here is wishing you smooth sailing through the year!

Jenna said...

Next Christmas ... :(

You forgot to mention that you talked to me on NYE too: pretty much the best part of MY night! :)

Erin said...

Woo hoo for Intercollegiate Athletics!

Wish we had caught up in Sedan!